Saturday 27 April 2013

Saturday Ramblings 001: Wips/info/motivation

Starting from the last - a piece of motivation:

Photo credit: Kezdaman via Flickriver
Caption credit: robotspider via Tumblr


So with that out of the way let's talk business. Ok not really, just a general "what's going on". As you might imagine my absence in recent weeks must have some reasons - that would be work. I'm quite happy with it BUT it takes a lot of time (and not just regular time - a lot of overtime recently) and it leaves me exhausted when I'm finaly back home. Also Univeristy work, but that I will be dealing with rather quickly :D

So generaly speaking - same old stuff.

In terms of upcoming events - We still have our challenge, so will definitly work on that - and by that I mean my private "entry" as well as some coverage.
There is some other stuff I would like to enter so I will be sure to spread the word about them so you guys can join as well. Also I should be starting some entries for major contests i'd love to atend (not sure wich one yet as there always are issues  - mostly money)

So with that we come to WIPs

I'm quite close to finish with my Howling Griffons Chaplain - i must say, i haven't been painting as regular recently and i can REALLY feel that :/ Got this guy very cheap and one of the reasons i bought him was to check what's the big idea with finecast anyway. Not that impressed IMO. I don't think i'd pay the retail price if I am to be honest.
One more thing about it before pictures - the base is one of the resin bases awarded as random prizes in recent Bananalicious Painting Contests over at Massive Voodoo. Here is the deal - I LOVE MAKING BASES, ok i said it, sometimes i enjoy it even more than working on the miniature itself. So when i got info that I won some resin bases I was like "meh" BUT I must admit - i was wrong. VERY VERY wrong. These bases are from Taban Miniatures and while they do look great on their own - I do plan to use at least some of them as part of bigger works.

Now with all that said some WIP pictures of said Chalpain




Hopefully I will be able to work on this little piece tonight.
Till the next one!

2 comments:

  1. Good to see a post from you Mr Zinc. Been a while my friend! The chaplain is looks very nice. I hope you have more time off soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is looking* Spider hat had me distracted lol.

    ReplyDelete